The art of winemaking may be a time-honored tradition dating back thousands of years, but today, wine is trendier and hotter than ever. Now, wine experts and authors Ed McCarthy and Mary Ewing-Mulligan have revised their popular Wine For Dummies to deliver an updated, down-to-earth look at what’s in, what’s out, and what’s new in wine.
FREE WINE FOR DUMMIES!
It begins with the basic types of wine, how wines are made, and more. Then it gets down to specifics, like navigating restaurant wine lists, deciphering wine labels, dislodging stubborn corks, and so much more.
- Includes updated information on wine regions throughout the world, including the changes that have taken place in Chile, Argentina, parts of Eastern Europe, the Mt. Etna region in Sicily, among other wine regions in Italy and California’s Sonoma Coast
- Covers what’s happening in the “Old World” of wine, including France, Italy, and Spain, and gets you up-to-speed on what’s hot (and what’s not) in the “New World” of Wine, including the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand
- Features updated vintage charts and price guidelines
- Covers wine bloggers and the use of smartphone apps
- Wine For Dummies is not just a great resource and reference, it’s a good read.