This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission. Thanks! As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases.
Frankenmuth, Michigan, is a quaint Bavarian village in Michigan that happens to also be home to the world’s largest Christmas store, Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland. If you’ve never visited Bronner’s, it’s worth a trip to see all the ornaments and decorations from around the world. Frankenmuth is a great place to spend a relaxing day away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
There’s German culture, famous fried chicken restaurants, breweries, shopping and specialty food stores. PLUS there are FREE Samples at those specialty food stores.
It’s worth a stroll down Main Street! Be sure to stop by these places to sample some goodies:
• Zehnder’s Marketplace – Z-Bakery & Z-Gifts – lots of FREE samples of baked goods (cake, cookies, brownies) and a gourmet food items sample or two. FREE Birthday Chicken Dinner at Zehnder’s
• Zak’s Bavarian Kandy Haus – FREE Brittle and Turtle Samples! You can also watch them making the candies as well, that’s fun!
• Frankenmuth Fudge Kitchen – FREE FUDGE! They make it fresh every day.
• Jaami’s Jam & Jelly Works – try one or try them all! FREE Salsa too. In fact, there’s a FREE sampling station set up in the center of the store. They even had FREE Tequila jelly. OH! They also sample (and sell) ice cream. There’s so much to sample here.
• Frankenmuth Cheese Haus – Quite a few FREE samples of cheeses and dips. The FREE chocolate mint cheese was interesting?!?!
• Frankenmuth Taffy Kitchen – naturally they have FREE samples of taffy! There were samples of both regular and sugar-free taffy in assorted flavors.
• The Bavarian Inn – Bakery in the basement had some FREE samples of bread. FREE Birthday Chicken Dinner at Bavarian Inn
NOW Head on over to the River Place Shops for some more samples:
• The Popcorn Wagon – 40 varieties of flavored popcorn and you can sample them all for FREE! Be sure to try Dill Pickle and my favorite, Blueberry.
• Zak’s Fudge – mmmmmm – more fresh FREE fudge to try.
• Great Lakes Olive Oil Co. – FREE Taste testing every day with Bavarian Inn’s Bakery, Backofen Brot bread.
You should be full after all of those FREE Samples!
Request a FREE Frankenmuth Guide